Re: Isle of Mist & Castle World general questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Mark Chittenden writes:
Looks very interesting - is there any speclal requirements for
joining in? Always been a 'Castle-head', but am slooowly
rebuilding my lost (thanks to the ex-wife) collection (currently only
a handful of the lastest sets). I take it this is for real LEGO Castle
models, virtual (i.e: via LDRAW/POV-RAY) not included/allowed?

Mark,

There aren't any requirements per se, other than having something to
contribute and make the community better - stories, creations, advice - you
decide how you want to contribute.

With bulk ordering and Brickbay, getting back isn't as bad as it used to be
- assuming you have the sweet, sweet dollar - this is an expensive hobby (as
I probably don't need to remind anyone here of :)

As far as virtual models are concerned, go for it!  One example of good
models and story to go along with them are from Mark Nelson:

http://www.geocities.com/cmdr_speedy/wurmhold/story1.html

Let me know if this answers your questions - glad you are getting back into
castle!

     -- Pawel

http://www.geocities.com/cw_isleofmist/