Re: IOM inquiry ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here are a few questions just to throw out that I would like to get
some input on from anyone willing to offer it:

I'm always willing to offer... :D

1)  Do we want a chat board on the page, or do we want to just keep
on using the lugnet.castle.org.cw page for any kind of info?  Do people
feel restricted on using this forum?  If so, there might be a reason to
have a separate web-board just to shoot the bull.

Well, I'm not a chat board kinda guy, so it's no difference to me either
way.  I don't think there's any restrictions on using this forum; aside from
the obvious courtesy et al.  As long as people keep the IoM stuff to
.org.cw, it's completely where it ought to be, and people who don't want to
read it can filter it out.

2)  How is the format of the page right now?  Easy to access?  Can you
find everything you are looking for pretty quickly?  What could be
done better?

It's pretty good, I think.  There could be a little more interlinking; for
example, if you click on a 'people' link to see someone's character bio, you
have to go back through people to get anywhere else; it would be nice to
look at a character, and then have a link to ballads involving them.

3)  Anything else format wise that you would like to see?  Anything else
that we need to do?  What do you invision as being part of the IOM site
that we just haven't thought of ...

This might be tricky (and/or time-consuming), but how about a page or a link
that will give a quick list of the types of critters/plants/terrain that
people have described in an area?  This way, Balladeers can have some
cross-references when the come to a "new" area, and we can keep a little
more consistent with each other.

Speak your mind - we will listen :)  Also, if you feel that you can and want
to contribute not just as a participant (admin level stuff), send us an
e-mail (castle_world@hotmail.com) - all help is welcome.

Enh. Nrgh.  I'd love to be able to offer my time, but I'm overspent as it
is, and I'm not as good at webpaging as you folks are anyway.  If you ever
want a different perspective, or an "end-user" to run things past and see if
they work, I can do that kind of stuff, but I can't really commit to rolling
up my sleeves and pitching in whole-heartedly, sorry. :/

thanks,

James