Re: IOM: About the Mist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:27:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Matt Best writes:

They can go back and forth as much as you would like.  In FACT, if someone
wanted to ferry passangers from their kingdoms to the Isle, that would be
a pretty cool thing to do :)
   I see I'm not the only person that had that idea, I see it as though it
could be new inhabitants coming to the island as others left or it could
just be the ships returning with more provisions to the Isle. I was also
wondering how long does it take if you land at one part of the Isle and want
to move to another space for example if I land at n0w6 and want to move to >n5e3?

Without going into such nautical stuff as Knots, chains and fathoms, a
sailing ship might reach around 20km/h in good conditions (more or less
depending on lots of stuff). A square is around 45km, so it's about 2hrs
across by boat.

It's about 18 squares between n0w6 and n5e3, or about 3 days sailing. The
thing to watch out for is not coming to close to the mist, it affects
compasses dramatically.

James (who's never fathomed how one would knot a chain)