 Castle / Ninja / 311
310  |  312
Subject:
Hikone Castle at LIC Orlando
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 03:26:07 GMT

Well, I am up this month at the LIC Orlando and I decided to do 2 things
differently.  First to have a MOC that was more of a story scene and second to
use the vertical space a little better.

The caption for the scene is:
"Professor Kilroy is too late as Emperor Chang Wu has made an alliance with Ii
Naomasa, the lord of Hikone Castle"

Link after moderation

Hikone Castle is one of twelve remaining traditional castle keeps and was built
by Ii Naomasa an ally of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the Shogun of Japan.  Naomasa's army
was well known and nicknamed the "Red Devils" and used a plain red banner and
plain red sashimono as battle standards.

This castle was featured at Brickfest 2003 in August but I did not have the
outer gate and the bridge over the moat which was a feature of Hikone-jo.

A few deep links:

Comments always appreciated.

KK Quah