 Castle / 987
986  |  988
Subject:
More 2000 Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:11:30 GMT

Well, I went back to the Salem NH TRU and voila!  As the LEGO lady
told me yesterday - more 2000 sets.  They had a few Arctic sets
which I promptly ignored in favor of looking at the other 2000 Castle
sets.  All were present except the 4806 Axe Cart.  I myself purchased
the 6032 Catapult Crusher and the 6094 Guarded Treasury.  At $6.99
and $14.99, they have a much better price-per-piece than the rest of
the Knight's Kingdom line.  A full review will need to wait until I
assemble them, but here's a few more observations:

6032 does not have alternate instructions, but 6094 does.  Looks like a
trend basically made for the larger sets, then.  The 'fig with the
dinner-plate helmet is the knight from the Royal Joust with a different
helm.  I hope you like that face (I do) because he shows up in most of the
other sets as well.  Too bad they didn't include the female knight in the
Royal Joust...it'd make it so much more worth it.
As for the Cowpack (I think their official name is the Bulls or the Red
Bulls - the spanish name for 6096 says 'Toro Rojo' in the name) have three
different faces, all with the silver eyes.  (Well, one has one silver eye
and an eyepatch...) The leader appears to be the guy from the Royal Joust.
I'll call his henchmen 'Eyepatch Guy' and 'Evil Timmy'.
Fear not! Evil Timmy is not nearly as ubiquitous as his namesake.  In fact,
I think he's only in the 6096 Bull's Attack set.  I call him that because of
what looks like a smattering of freckles across his cheeks.  It's kind of
disturbing, really, with those silver eyes.
I've basically identified 5 figures in the 'good guy' sets.  The King (of
course) who I just really like, the Princess, the female knight, the
smirking older knight (available in knight's-helm and dinnerplate helm
varieties) and the knight that appears in the LEGO Mania ad, who is only
present in 6091 and 6096.  Yet another reason to buy the big castle set...I
like that torso a lot.

I hope this information is valuable or at least interesting to someone other
than me.  May 2000 LEGO soon arrive in your neck of the woods!