 Castle / 9491
Re: King Henry VIII and wives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Richard Noeckel writes:
Really, really nice!

I don’t know why and I don’t know how… but you’ve really captured the
disposition Henry VIII. I realize that the minifig torso you used is a
standard pirate themed body. However, for some reason I see the King you
created as the obese, cruel and guttural individual that he was. I never
though that Qui Gon Gin’s face could adopt the thick necked, fat cheeked
demeanor of that man.

                --==Richard==--

Gee, thanks Richard!  Not a hero of yours, I take it?  Definitely a Bad
King.  I think the nosepiece of the crown helps his expression - I tried a
bunch of hats on him to approximate the tam he wears in Hans Holbein's
painting, but gave up and used the crown.  I just love Qui Gon Jinn's face -
used it for my Highwayman as well, although he doesn't look nearly as nasty,
just a little grim.

P.S. I thought that your creations were so good that I've crossed to .castle
due to the inherent medieval background.

There's somewhat of a wasteland between the end of Castle and the beginning
of Pirates, historically-speaking, in the Lego System.  I'm putting more and
more thought into filling the void.  If anyone else has Renaissance ideas,
please share!

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Heather Patey writes:
I've put together figs of King Henry VIII and his six wives.

Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn and Jane Seymour:

Anne of Cleves, Katheryn Howard and Catherine Parr:

and Harry himself:

Although they're not good likenesses of course, I tried to incorporate
something of their features and characteristics; several carry symbols from
their coats of arms (C of A's pomegranate, AB's falcon, JS's castle, KH's
rose).  The two that were beheaded for adultery have wench's bodices; Jane
Seymour, who died from complications of childbirth, had the only happy
marriage, so she wears a smile.  Anne of Cleves was supposedly ugly but
intelligent, hence the glasses and book.  Henry wears the red coat and chain
of his well-known portrait.  Hope you like them; comments welcome.

Cheers, Heather