 Castle / 9493
Re: King Henry VIII and wives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:56:20 GMT

I like your figs Heather! it's kind of strange to see the torso on a bad
guy when in my realm, it's something totally different.  Though it's
only a problem with one's perception :) I think you did a good job with
all your figs, and I'd more than welcome you posting anymore you do in
.castle for us to enjoy!  Besides the fact we need more females here
anyway :)

I agree with you, Qui Gon's head is very useful for many things, I'll
still gravitate towards the classic Smiley, though of all the ones
they've put out. it's one of the better!

Tamy

Heather Patey wrote:

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Richard Noeckel writes:
Really, really nice!

I don’t know why and I don’t know how… but you’ve really captured the
disposition Henry VIII. I realize that the minifig torso you used is a
standard pirate themed body. However, for some reason I see the King you
created as the obese, cruel and guttural individual that he was. I never
though that Qui Gon Gin’s face could adopt the thick necked, fat cheeked
demeanor of that man.

                --==Richard==--

Gee, thanks Richard!  Not a hero of yours, I take it?  Definitely a Bad
King.  I think the nosepiece of the crown helps his expression - I tried a
bunch of hats on him to approximate the tam he wears in Hans Holbein's
painting, but gave up and used the crown.  I just love Qui Gon Jinn's face -
used it for my Highwayman as well, although he doesn't look nearly as nasty,
just a little grim.

P.S. I thought that your creations were so good that I've crossed to .castle
due to the inherent medieval background.

There's somewhat of a wasteland between the end of Castle and the beginning
of Pirates, historically-speaking, in the Lego System.  I'm putting more and
more thought into filling the void.  If anyone else has Renaissance ideas,
please share!

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Heather Patey writes:
I've put together figs of King Henry VIII and his six wives.

Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn and Jane Seymour:

Anne of Cleves, Katheryn Howard and Catherine Parr:

and Harry himself:

Although they're not good likenesses of course, I tried to incorporate
something of their features and characteristics; several carry symbols from
their coats of arms (C of A's pomegranate, AB's falcon, JS's castle, KH's
rose).  The two that were beheaded for adultery have wench's bodices; Jane
Seymour, who died from complications of childbirth, had the only happy
marriage, so she wears a smile.  Anne of Cleves was supposedly ugly but
intelligent, hence the glasses and book.  Henry wears the red coat and chain
of his well-known portrait.  Hope you like them; comments welcome.

Cheers, Heather