 Castle / 8684
8683  |  8685
Subject:
Unbuilding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:04:03 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I was taking apart 20 plus castle sets last night and packing them into
giant plastic tool chests in preparations for my imminent move from my
current residence.  Here's what I decided:

1) it's easiest to sort by color from the outset, you can always go through
again and sort by element type later.

2) the REALLY big plastic tool chests are cool because they stack and hold
the most elements in their zip-locked baggies.  Usually you get some
transparent covered compartments on the top of the chest for specialty items
-- I usually put minifigs and their accessories in there.  This arrangement
sort of labels the contents by indicating the kinds of characters that go
with the stuff inside the chest.

3) if you can't afford tool chests for all of your lego holdings, those
12x15x10 white file boxes that they sell at Office Depot type stores are
great!  Just make sure everything is in baggies.  They stack neatly and are
of uniform size.  You can even label them on the sides to better access
their contents.

4) since, I am probably something like 85% castle complete with duplicates
in some cases besides, I can assert with some fairness that some of the
older Forest sets were the best castle sets ever.  Having taken apart many,
many sets last night, believe me Forest stuff stood out for it's cleverness.

-- Hop-Frog (insane, teeth-grinding, mischief-maker)