 Castle / 8660
Re: My webpage has a new home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:46:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Elin Övernäs writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.castle, Elin Övernäs writes:
Alright, after three hours of uploading my page has finally got a new home.

http://elinlego.topcities.com/index.html

Those of you that would like to see more of the temple of trees should go to:

http://elinlego.topcities.com/tem.html

/Elin

Elin -

Once again - excellent work!

Once again, thank you very much!

The map gives a good sense of the geography of your world.

The Hampus Inn -- there is a good sense of activity in the common room and
each floor has something going on that is different - lots fo eye candy! A
very "Happening" place it seems. :)

You should see the place on weekends, they go crazy ;)

I can imagine... but I bet it's worth it. :)

The Hill farm -- I love the barnyard animals. Your ducks(Chickens?) are
really creative. It's a great use of that baseplate, too! :)

You know. I am actually studying genetic engineering. When I graduate I will
make living minifigs who can reproduce over night =)

LOL -- sign me up for a supply! :)

East Aros -- I like how you merged the Guarded Inn into the rest of your
city but kept it intact (it looks like). That's a set that I just love to
pieces (bad joke, sorry <G>). There's a lot going on here, too.
Unfortunately, some of the pics are kinda dark which makes it hard to see a
lot of detail but it still gives an idea of the work you've put into things.
Well thought out!

Those pictures were taken with my old camera. Both me and the camera have
improved since then. ;)

I can see that in some of the other pics. :)

The forest scene -- It's simple, but effective. I love that baseplate,
that's why I worked mine in my Forest of Blood story. :)

I like that story. The guy with the horned shoulders is simply amazing! By the
way, when are you going to continue that story? You kept me hanging like
this...

Thanks. :)
As for the story.... I think it will be a little while.. a story can't be
fully told with forests alone and I've no buildings as of yet. On a note of
progress, all of my soldiers are sorted. I have to hash out who gets what
armor in a few more cases, but I have the factions pretty much all ironned out.

Anagon Farraileis -- saving the best for last. Wow..! Talk about packed with
details. That is one busy Keep! I really like how cramped each room is, yet
you've packed them with so many details - the beds, tables, even flowers.
The 3 level Wizard's tower is ingenious with the ladders to each level.

A question, though - do its levels actually seperate for access? I didn't
see many tiles that might indicate such an assembly. Either way I really
like it. :)

Well, the levels do not separate. But the outer walls can be opened almost
everywhere. In essence you can get access to almost everything. I have some old
pictures of this

Wow... that's impressive.. it looks like a Swiss Armyknife! :)

I can't wait to see more!

Oh, but I'm afraid you WILL have to wait ;)
My next project has run out of bricks and I'm living on bread and water until I
can afford more bricks again :)

/Elin

Oh, I understand that one. And as they say - good things come to those who
wait. :)

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm