 Castle / 8243
    Re: Harry Potter? —Frank Filz
   (...) But the Iron Tower trilogy which was written to give the base series for the later books to rest on had incredible correlation with Lord of the Rings. It seemed like every major scene had a parallel in Lord of the Rings. FUT: (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Harry Potter? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Brooks had scene-for-scene, character-for-character matches (in the same sequence as LOTR) - geez, a fellowship with four little guys, one dwarf, one elf, two men, and a wizard, for heaven's sake. He just added new names, and that was about (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Harry Potter? —Frank Filz
   (...) I just don't remember it being so bluntly obvious as the Iron Tower trilogy was. Perhaps there was some difference in frame of mind when I read them (but note that I did read the Iron Tower trilogy much later than I did Sword of Shanara, and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)