 Castle / 8178
8177  |  8179
Subject:
Eating "new" Ramen flavors induces hallucinations of Castle we'll never see...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:21:10 GMT

Well, hows that for a title?  Last night I had one of those dreams, you
know, where you walk into the LEGO section of "any-given-store" and find not
only new sets, but they are 25-30% off!!  Sure there were a lot of different
themes, even a return of Pirates/Islanders, some Classic Space and Town.
But most notable to me was the "new" Castle stuff!  Not a single set was
marked retail above $55.00 USD (regular price) and there were quite a few
Castle/Village builder sets under $20.00 USD.  My favorite was the Kings
Castle, not like the old ones, but a real keep, with hinges so it could fold
out, and a real great hall.  NOT juniorized, but rather everything was more
like Castle of the 1980s, where you can buy extras of any set to connect
together and customize specific buildings.  And if you wanted troops, you
just get as many of the Guard House as you can for extra wall and building
pieces and soldiers.  There was a stable with 2 pitchforks (whee!) and 1
brown and 1 grey horse!  Lots of sets had peasants or workers included and a
few had maidens.  There were even a few Forestmen!  Oh, the Castle factions
in this dream 'o mine were Crusaders (yah!) and the new circular shield with
an eagle for the others (like the ones at LEGOLAND).
Sorry that I ramble so, but man, after waking from this dream I thought it
might be true (for about a minute) and got all excited...  Couldn't get back
to sleep to reclaim my dream either.  I suppose this comes from all the talk
on what TLC is doing right now, company focus, LUGNET topics related and our
own hopes for Castle.
The thing that was so neat was that the sets in my dream were expandable,
contained truly useful parts in colors you might expect a Medieval Castle
and village to be and that it incorporated daily life of the Town theme so
well, right down to the last detail.  And I didn't have to shell out $price$
point bucks to get good stuff, like a so-so $90 Castle set that does not
expand well with multiple copies.
Hope you all dream of the same things as I did, including you LEGO.
Best wishes,
Aaron