 Castle / 8062
Re: short teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 05:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
   It was an oddly cool night that night.  The two knights were forced to even
build a small fire to keep themselves from becoming chilled.  It was already
the end of spring, the weather should have forced them to wear as little as
possible to remain comfortable in this part of the land.

   "Garalt," Kullvox finally spoke, breaking the long silence, "have you
noticed anything odd about tonight?"

   "Yeah, I have," the young knight replied, trying to keep warm close to the
fire. "It's really really cold!  Burr!"

   "I meant besides the obvious, whelp."  Garalt looked at the older knight
dumbstruck, cocking his head to one side as if to question the man.

   "There are no sounds other than the wind tonight," Kullvox sighed heavily.

   "Oooh.... creepy, I never noticed it until now."

   "Yes, quite odd..." their conversation was interrupted by the sound of
breaking branches and rustling leaves just outside of their fire light.  The
two men jumped to their feet and strained their eyes into the darkness, trying
to catch a hint of what was out there.  Suddenly an old man fell just into the
fire light, his clothes were ragged and his skin badly bruised.  Garalt rushed
over to him, and as he helped the old man up to a sitting position, the old man
cried out.

   "Tel'karak Zrahl!  He is coming!  He is on his way!  From the air he will
swoop down and devour you whole!  He is the wind of death!  Run if you value
your life!  Run....."  and as he spoke the old man collapsed in Garalt's arms,
dead.  The two knights could do nothing but look at one another.

--Anthony
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html

oooo...!

I take it you've found a way around some of the writer's block you'd spoken
of. It's very intriguing. More, man, more!! :)

*starts eyeballing the horizon carefully.. "ain't nobody gonna come grab me!"*

Joel