 Castle / 770
  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Rachel Kingston wrote in message ... (...) the (...) After reading this post and the long string of responses, I would have to say that it is interesting that no one did jump on Rachel or throw thousands of Timmys. If someone made a comment (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I didn't have any Playmobil toys. They may have been out of our family's price range when I was young enough to be the intended Playmobil target audience, but when I was that young, I was much more interested in playing with toy dinosaurs than (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) thousands (...) I can't find any place that carries Playmobil anymore. Toys R Us hasn't in at least a decade. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) That's funny. Playmobil is carried everywhere here (Miami). There is a a Playmobil department at my local TRU across from LEGOs. Ditto at all my local Targets, which sell Playmobil next to the LEGOs. There is also the Playmobil Fun Park in (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Silas Pierrot writes: [part snipped] (...) I my place (and I think most parts of Holland) there was some kind of 'friendly' competition between Lego and Playmobil. You either was a Lego-fan or a Playmobil-fan but hardly a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

I've seen Playmobil in *some* Targets and a *few* TRUs. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Tony Kilaras wrote in message ... (...) Just about every specialty toy store chain, i.e. the learning store, the children's store, etc will carry Playmobil. In addition Targets are converting their stores to carry Playmobil. I was in Denver last (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) local (...) I'm from the New York City area. I remember Playmobil being quite common when I was younger but I see none now. (...) little (...) Greece? Really. Whoa, I have to check that out. (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Boy the Target here in Lawrence, KS has a whole isle dedicated to Playmobile. Well, Playmobile on one side, Lego and the copy cats on the other. Tom "Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com> wrote in message news:FLtJzB.E7z@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I was going to say flat-out no, but then I remembered I *did* have one playmobil set. My dad actually just told me I had more than one... Weird, I don't remember that... Guess I was blocking it out of my mind... (probably with lego blocks ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Shiri wrote in message ... (...) at (...) thousands (...) It (...) I'm 99.99% certain we didn't have any Playmobil. When did it start being sold in the US? Frank (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)