 Castle / 7506
Re: Can I join Castle World now????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes:
This may sound dumb, but what's Castle World? :)

Bones' Medieval Lego
http://www.necrobones.com/legos/medieval/

Castle World is an online shared 'world'.  It's a community of
Castle/Fantasy LEGO fans who agree to have their creations/stories/whatever
one the same map (coming soon, I am told).  Each 'realm' is independent of
the others but shares the same 'world' which can lead to story crossovers
between two or more members.  People can do whatever they choose to do
(within reason) in their own realms as long as it doesn't affect another
member's characters/creations/realm without the other member being involved.

The main site- http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/ is just the hub
and mainly a collection of links to the members' personal castle related
websites but there are some descriptions and short stories on the site.  It
also hosts some structures and character descriptions and what not.

Membership is open to anyone who wants to join and can play nice with
others. =)  Each member has (or *should* have) a signature minifigure who
represents them and their 'realm'.  The 'About' section should describe what
all a person needs to join up.  It might need some updating, though.

LUGNET hosts our newsgroup in the castle organizations section if anyone
wants to do some searches of old CW posts.  (Some of you might be saying
"Well, duh, Nathan", but there are a lot of people that haven't heard of it
and have no idea what it's about) =)
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/

Hope that explains it, if you have any questions, let us know!

~Nathan