 Castle / 7127
  weighted drawbridge design

I don't think anybody has used this style drawbridge on any of their castles yet, but it is pretty neat. In socials class, we are studying the middle ages, as well as castles and stuff like that. my teacher, showed us some styles of drawbridges. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: weighted drawbridge design

Hmmm, sounds interesting, gonna hafta remember that when I start building my outer drawbridge. What are some other defensive structures people have incorporated into their castles? My outer drawbridge structure is going to have a nice little (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: weighted drawbridge design

I just read a book on medieval siege warfare, and I know what you're talking about. There were several kinds of counterweighted drawbridges. One style still used chains, but with weights at the end to pull the bridge up when released. Another style (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)