 Castle / 7139
Re: weighted drawbridge design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:29:57 GMT

Hmmm, sounds interesting, gonna hafta remember that when I start building my
outer drawbridge.

What are some other defensive structures people have incorporated into their
castles?

My outer drawbridge structure is going to have a nice little surprise. When
a person enters it, they can be trapped, and killed easily through the arrow
notches in the walls and roof.

Same thing goes for the battlements, every so often there'll be a murder
hole (Hole in the floor, so that the overhang can't be used to an attacker's
advantage). The common burning tar or oil pot on a hinge will also be present.

I plan to make a real porticullus, with spears on the end and everything.

...Have all these plans...need to start building sometime...

<<KM>>