 Castle / 7086
Re: How much for in a Chess set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:26:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
Hello out there!
I'm working on a MOC Chess set including a 628 X-large Baseplate (subject to
change), about 100 plus (most likely plus, but we'll see) pieces for the
surface and boarder, and 296 (firm) pieces for the minifigures, movement
platforms and accessories of each King, Queen, Bishop, Knight, Rook and Pawn
(32 minifigures total).  I'm using mostly a Fright Knights vs. Royal Knights
theme with a lot of fantasy elements thrown in (a la Battle Chess for you
folk who remember the old Amiga based game that spawned many copies).  Each
character has what I consider to be necessary battlefield elements and
decorative pieces to show their social position within each kingdom and
which side they fight for.  When I get the project how I like it, I'll post
a photo, piece count.
Aaron #279

From earlier in the year (now simply bits in the collective)
http://www.geocities.com/jehowse/build.htm

James (who would _have_ to include chrome in a chess set now...)