 Castle / 6690
Re: Chrome HTO sets found in store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:14:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
Thanks for the Heads up Eric!! I went out yesterday and got all 4 of the sets,
though man... was that place a MESS... I walked around the store about 5 times
before I found the sets, I even asked 2 people that work there and they had no
clue..  I'm wondering how long that store's been carrying lego, I was there • about a
year ago and they didn't have any. Of course I think it was a KB toys at that • time,
not Toy Works..
Next time you're in the area, let me know! maybe we can meet up this time :)

Tamy

I forgot what a mess it was. Lego in 5 different places. But you should see an
ordinary KB in New York, where I believe they make the shelves closer together
and pick up the crushed toys less often.

At the back corner where the HTO stand was, I was first distracted by the DDK
on the wall. Must have spent 10 minutes pondering Mindstorms before turning
around to leave and noticing the shiny ones I had stood next to. Mission
accomplished!

(On the way to the register I gained a Lego Loco for $10... impulse buy...)

One of these days I'll be up there for more than just a day and I'll let you
know!

-Erik