 Castle / 6651
Re: KK Chrome Sets at KB (heads up U.S. Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:24:26 GMT

Did you buy them at KB Toys or Toy works?

Rose
richard marchetti wrote in message ...
Hey Y'all:

Please forgive the crossposting, but I thought castle-minded folk might • well
want this information...

The fact of it is that KB Toys, KB Toy Works, and possibly even Toy
Liquidators seem to be carrying the KK Chrome sets.  I scored a small cache
of these for BOGO 50% just yesterday.  At those prices I can recommend at
least one of each, and probably multiples of #6816 King's Catapult.  Yeah,
yeah -- 6816 only comes with the silly giant chrome sword and none of the
other more interesting chrome elements; but then again, it also comes with • 4
black 2x2 round bricks, 1 KK grey clip flag, 2 dark grey 1x4 arches, 4 • black
1x2 apexes, 1 black castle lance/standard pole, 1 brown crossbow, the new
castle 2000 bowman, 2 grey 2x2x3 extreme slopes, AND...AND...

...Princess Storm in full Jeanne d'Arc regalia!  And yes, that's a black
castle visor and helmet you see there.  For $4.50 USD, this deal does not
suck...with tax you're probably looking at $0.10 a brick.

The only problem I noted was that every copy of #4819 I purchased seemed to
be packaged with the wrong instructions. Hmmmm...

If you are at a distance from hopefully "holding" locations, just look 'em
up on yahoo's yellow pages (look up "KB Toys" by zipcode) and call all of
the KBs in your area until you score. They will hold them for you and
everything.

Now all I'd need is an update of the Maiden's Cart with a variety of • steeple
headdress colors and I'd be a more or less happy guy...

...until then, I shall remain...

-- Richard (Lego Curmudgeon)