 Castle / 6575 (+20)
  Re: More Pics....

(...) paint, or stickers - the horse torso, the elven horse and the elves look very clear-cut, so if that's paint, then that's a *very* good job. ;-) The black knight is also awesome. (Ahh! A painted Euro armor!) All in all, great job! Keep it goin, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Bigger Engines/Sloped Cone elements

Hey Y'all, and welcome to another episode of "Wishes in Vain." So I am looking at my cone rocket segments and thinking, "Cool, I have an antennae up top followed by a 2x2 based cone with a single stud on top (x2 high), followed by a 4x4 based cone (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: you are not going to like what I got for AU$13.00

(...) Sounds quite nice to me! If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands........ :^) Naturally I prefer it to be ME to find such a deal but a cool FOTW by a Lugnetter is always nice, better you than the "unwashed" masses :^) Mike (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bigger Engines/Sloped Cone elements

(...) I'd find an 8x8x4 cone more useful. There isn't a good option for a 6x6 cylinder, but 8x8 cylinders can be done with the quarter circle bricks or the new curved wall pieces from the 2001 sets. Of course it would be just peachy if TLC decided (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: you are not going to like what I got for AU$13.00

I got a miscellaneous parts set on eBay for a few bucks that had two pitchforks! (in addition to some old-style capes and classic space figs) -- Paul Davidson Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:39F946BD.6C3EBC....com.au... (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Order Chrome sets from Shop@Home

Dear everyone, can I still order the chrome sets from Shop@Home now? I mean are they still available? And, would you mind telling me what is the procedure of ordering from Shop@Home? Thank you very much. (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Order Chrome sets from Shop@Home

I ordered mine yesterday. They had all but 4819 in stock, and they hadn't gotten in yet. I assume they will be getting it later. On a side note they did have some pretty cool Adventurer (#5911 through 5914) and Soccor (#3412 through 3414). The (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chrome Set 4819

(...) I picked up every set from a K B Toyworks store, (in it's own special display mind you,) about 4 or 5 days ago. The store is located at the 7 corners area in Virginia, (the intersection of Rt 50 and Rt 7). Good luck on your quest. They may be (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819

A Meijer's near me has finally brought out their stock of the "chrome" Knight's Kingdom sets, including 4819 with the chrome teardrop shield. I picked up three, and all had two problems. First, they actually contained the instructions to 4818, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chrome HTO sets found in store

Newsflash (or not), Chrome Knights found in Meijers (In Michigan and Indiana). Also the secial Soccer sets and Adventurer sets. I picked up one of each was very impressed. Probably the best value in the Knights Kingdom theme. -Jason Spears (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819

I bought one of each (4816-19) the other day. 4819 had it's correct instructions, but it did have the funny shield too. I haven't decided if I am going to call up Consumer Affairs and complain or just let it be. -Jason Spears (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819

(...) Das ist richtig, ich habe 60x #4819 gekauft, in jedem Set ist das Schild so. Viele Grüße, René www.1000steine.de (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chrome HTO sets found in store

Milwaukee, WI: another KB Toy Works has 4816-4819 at $5.99. (68xx Greenfield Av shopping plaza in West Allis to be precise.) They also had the Soccer bits.* I'm impressed with the contents of each one. I'm partial to the ptyuriges (sp?) in 4817 (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819

The shield-void looks like it is intentional. There's a kind of screen printing pattern around it. (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Wheels in medieval Japan

I was thinking about adding a village to my medieval Japanes countryside today when a thought occurred to me. Did they have any land vehicles at all? I can't seem to remember ever seeing a medieval Japanese cart or chariot. Everything is carried (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wheels in medieval Japan

I'm sure that they had wheels, but the terrain was too mountainous to make wheeled carts very useful. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wheels in medieval Japan

Ug. I already replied to this thread, but It occurred to me that there may also have been a "class taboo" on wheeled transportation. That is, only the emperor or high ranked samurai could use them? Of course, if that were true, then the samurai (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819

60 sets! Now there's dedication to the cause. Meanwhile, I've called Consumer Affairs (US), and the answer is that their "test" model there has the same marking pattern, so apparently it's intentional. (The representative actually put me on hold in (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More Pics....

The symbols are all decals, which is why they are so crisp. If only I had that steady of a hand to paint with..... Also, the paint I used is water soluable, so, if I really wanted to, I could pull the paint off the armor and helmet without much (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wheels in medieval Japan

(...) Your sanity prevails: wheeled vehicles were under extreme restrictions in Japan. In part for the damage they did to the roads, and in part to keep the peasants in their place. Bruce (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact