 Castle / 6568
Re: Knights Kingdom, Steel in short supply?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
Why is anyone guarding the "guarded treasury", the only treasure there is
the silver sword, and Cedric already has it!  He comes with it in the Bulls
attack!  Not only does he have it, but his idiot catapult friend has one
too!  In fact the things are so worthless, they leave them hanging outside
the walls of King Leo's Breezeway er.. uh, I mean castle.

Maybe the Bulls are counterfeiting them, and the guard has to make sure future
generations will be able to know which silver sword is the original.  I mean,
the Bulls are bad guys, they are probably up to something.

Has anyone else noticed the pronounced lack of regular swords available in
the Knights Kingdom sets?  And that "hard to find" silver King's Sword Hah,
it's everywhere.  If you purchased every Knights Kingdom set available for
retail sale in the U.S., you would only have 5, count 'em, 5 regular gray
swords.  However, you would also have 8 "special" silver swords.  Not very
special anymore in my estimation.

Yes, I noticed that. Small sword are more practical.  What would one of those
silver things weight?

If you purchased all four Chrome sets, you're not doing any better, you get
one more of each.  Now maybe focus groups say that kids don't want to have
small swords, but do we have to flood the market with silver ones?  And
those stupid ,2x the size of a real axe, halberds?  Crossbows are now
included with every set too!

I thought halberds were stupid when they first appeared in Dragon Masters.
They just look to big to use.  I like crossbows.

So why am I mad, well just a little ticked, They are ruining the castle
theme , just like they ruined the pirates.  I can't believe it didn't get
cancelled after the fright knight disaster.
Jon