 Castle / 6545
Re: 2001 Catalog - Emporer's hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:21:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.castle, Dylan Reardon writes:

Andy Lynch <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message
news:025601c03eae$a2b86900$0f0112ac@meridianhealth.com...
It looks to me that they originally photographed the emperor with black
hands, then tried to touch up the photo with yellow hands instead.  If the
yellow hands were higher up, they would cover his black ones.

Some kind of printing error?

There appears to be another error on a different page f that catalog too.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys23.jpg

Look at the top of the 6091, *something* is missing...

--
"To infinity and beyond!"

It's not really missing..it's just conveniently relocated so that it would
fit on the page..... or something. :)

It's been moved to the right parapet in front of the silly catapult.... One
might wonder if the photographers knocked it off then had no idea where it
went and just randomly placed it..

And what's with that treasure cart in front of 6091? I have all but 6032 and
6096, but that cart doesn't appear to be from either of those and it's
certainly not from the others....?

Also, on the Arctic pages, one of the sets is gray scale, not color..

At least 3 odd errors in the catalogue.. a new game? Find all the errors to
get a gold star...? Or just too rushed to get it out in time for
'saturation' before the Holiday dash... curious.

Joel

hmm.. sorry to reply to myself... I just realized the picture in question
with the goofy top for 6091 was like that in the 2000 catalogue as well. I'd
never noticed. That same treasure wagon is there, too.. hmm.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-16.html

Joel