 Castle / 6439
Re: New Pictures on Brickshelf of a Medival Fortified town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:47:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard W. Schamus writes:
If you all haven't seen these pictures on Brick shelf, perhaps you ought to.
Christina Hitchcock has really captured (IMHO) the flavor and feel for a
fortified city. Castle walls abound and encapsulate many small peasant
structures that sceam "Bring out your dead," or "Here comes the black plauge
again."  If I wasn't so busy building additions to my burp mountain, I'd take
a shot at trying to upstage her. Maybe later.

Here's the link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1213

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Rich

Now this is why I read .castle ...can't get enough of creatins like this
(erick K.s Dave E,  etc)

This looks like something out of David Macauley's (sp) illustrated book
"castle" documenting the building of the mythical welsh town of
Aberwyvern... especially the B+W diagram

(book and pbs special circa 1980 ? He also did other books on pyramids and
domes and is currently hosting the "buiding big" series on PBS Tuesday
nights-disccussing skyscrapers, Dome, Pyramids+more)

I like the scale of the creation...ohh to have that much gray again...lol

I like the integration of the Ninja sloped walls into the curtain
wall...they fit in nicely.  I long for more detailed pictures of the
completed "keep'  (There appears to be detailed interiors and work to be done)

I like the simply elegant fireplace/hearth w/chairs and the "great hall"

You can see the evidence of the many a sought after Castle elements/sets
like the Tudor walls and the Guarded Inn.

The Fascade of the main gate is impressive/intimidating and tall.  I eagerly
anticipate more photos of this MOC.

                        John

BTW... the room shots are great for playing the Lego version of "where's
Waldo" (with honorable mention to the speeder bike and Maul-ley Davidson
dangling from the wall mounted candlebra)