 Castle / 6196
Re: Interesting Wolfpack item on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tim Coats writes:
I am also quessing it is a fake.  The cape seems to be a Star Wars cape
to me also.

Tim

Just got word back from the seller:

History:
Sounds like she's unaware of how it came into being... According to her, she
found it in the garage (sounds like it wasn't even in the box of her son's
lego, [who is probably too young to have faked it so well], but they just found
it when they were moving.) Someone who was helping them move was intrueged by
it, and made the connection to being a Lego cape. He later concluded (after x
amount of time/research) that it had a "wolfpack" insignia from the castle,
which was odd, since her son seemingly only has SW & Insectoids sets. According
to her son, there's a friend of his who he does a lot of trading with, which is
where he might have gotten it from.

The Physical Evidence:
"The cape seems to be made of a light canvas material, however; it is a little
heavier than the regular lego cape which came with a star wars set. It is
definitly not the same material. It is cut the same and has the same dimensions
as the other cape. I do not believe the symbol is painted, it seems to be
screen printed as there are no paint blotches."

Why it's on ebay with no other Lego:
Anyway, their friend (who identified it as Wolfpack) suggested selling the Lego
on Ebay-- her son refused, but allowed the cape to be sold, seeing as he only
collects SW and Insectoids (space-ish stuff).

Anyway I think certainly if it's a different material, the theory still stands
that it's a modified or simply non-official element.

DaveE