 Castle / 6087
6086  |  6088
Subject:
PBEM and Floorplans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:39:20 GMT

Sorry, I know I just posted, but I have a couple things for you guys to check
out...

I guess you should all know that I used to play a miniatures-based (much
better the text based!) RPG game called Warhammer Quest. I also ran the best
WHQ page on the internet (look @ www.quest-tomb.com) which has since been
taken over by other people when I left the scene. The point is, I have done a
couple PBEM's in my time. Niether was finished due to the powers that be, but
I still have the links for you to take a look at how they worked!

http://www.angelfire.com/md/PBEM/ - My first PBEM! - I was the gamemaster and
hosted the site, and another guy played all 4 warriors (not ideal, but we
didn't have enough people :( anyways, note that it ends prematurely, and is
pretty amature-ish (I must have been 13 when we did it) but it works pretty
well. Also note that it makes for an exciting read! We didn't have enough
painted models or a good camera, so the maps are just paint illustrations.
With a lego - style game, we could use full pictures and dramatic battle
poses, all the players need to know is distance from potential enemies, for
purposes of shooting and charging, etc.

http://www.angelfire.com/md/wretched/index.html - Wretched City - My second
PBEM! I hosted this one, too, but I was just a player (Kyle the thief, btw)
this is also WHQ and all the above comments apply. Lego could be done much
better, especially in respect to the pictures!

and finally, on a non-pbem note, I noticed you guys were talking about castle
floorplans. Well, I had managed to amass a good deal of them at
http://www.angelfire.com/md/BOARDS/index.html so check that out and fire up
the printer, although I think lego-enviroments in 3-d suit lego minifigs much
better then a flat board, especially if you are trying to get some sweet
action-photos (has anybody noticed that my favorite thing in the world are
pictures of lego castle minifigs tearing each other to pieces with large
swords!)

Well I'll see if I can shut up for a little while ;)