 Castle / 6067
6066  |  6068
Subject:
RPG PBEM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:31:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

First of all, I want to say hello again, it's been a while since I regularly
visited Lugnet.

What I'm about to suggest might have been better suited to the fun/gaming
section, but I am rabidly intent on (if I/we do it) doing it with a castle
theme. I'm sure all of you are familiar with Role Playing games. A PBEM is a
Play By E-mail Game. I've tried to start a lego page, and play out complex
stories with my figs, but I simply don't have enough bricks to make the dream
come true. Furthermore, my digicam just isn't good enough to get all the
details on those little guys :)

What I would like to do is gather up 3-5 people, including myself, to play a
PBEM lego RPG, the progress of which will be posted on the web with pics and
some color-text. I'm afraid my only contribution would be to design and host
the site (although I have a domain and good bandwith, as well as great HTML
skills), since I don't have the camera or figs that the moderator would need.

I have about a billion ideas and rules flying around my head right now to get
this all done, but the jist of it would be a group of (no more then 5)
questers, each represented by a minifig of their player's choice (as long as
the moderator has the models to do it). They would be up against some giant
and terrible force controlled by the moderator. Along the way they would meet
other people and monsters, all controlled by the mod. The questers contact
each other by e-mail, decide what they will do, then a rep e-mails the
moderator their actions, the moderator works out what happens (using brikwars
rules or whatever he/she wanted, including imagination!) and takes the
pictures to be posted on the site. The questers never have to know more then
their current health (so they can measure risks) and weapons they are
carrying. Their whole job is mainly to act out their characters as well as
possible, for the entertainment of the readers, who will have an online
illustrated novel of these people's adventures.

The moderator has a tougher job, having to devise the storyline in advance or
as they go, and throwing obstacles and interesting things in the way of the
questers, like maybe a frisky barmaid or a thief in the market. It is a
rewarding job, however. Moderator also has to be the one with the greatest
amount of models and a digital camera, so that everything can be represented
well and photographed, then posted on the web post haste (the goal would be to
complete one or more turns a week, to keep the readers happy!). With this
system, it is actually possible for the players to not have a single model,
it's just important for the mod. to have a HUGE collection (and browsing
around here, most of you do, you lucky bastards :)

Well I've gone too long already... if anybody wants to help me make this
happen, I would be very grateful, and so would the whole community, I'm sure,
because there seems to be a lack of brilliant pictures illustrating an
intelligent and frequently updated storyline. The greatest part is the
unpredictablity, since each quester is a seperate person, and has no idea what
the moderator is about to do!

Thanks in advance! Contact me at anachronist@kazm.net or respond to this if
you are interested!

- Leandro Braga