 Castle / 6032
Re: Misprinted Leonora heads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:11:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Rick Kurtzuba writes:
Before I request a replacement for the replacement, I want to ask:
has anybody here had the same problem?

Don't let them get away with this.

The only benefit of Lego over competing brands is the quality of the product --
if they can't deliver on this, then who needs 'em?  And I have had this
smeared printing problem too, just not with Leonora's head but rather with her
skirt.  Shiri asked about the female astronaut the other day, and I posted a
picture of it (http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/images/femastro.jpg) -
take a closer look, the printing is smudged (look at the hairline, although I
am not sure it shows in this image -- I might have reduced the resolution so
that the smudging is no longer obvious).  And I have a misprinted Green-haired
racer chick, and several paradisa babes besides (no hope for the latter
though, out of production AND as such constituted a misrepresentation on the
packaging of the Paradisa sets I recently purchased at Toy Liquidators -- the
box showed open-mouthed paradisa babes, and I got common town cuties instead).

Yeeesh!  And these figures are so far only appearing in high-priced sets.  If
these figures appeared commonly elsewhere, I'd probably never call the
consumer affairs people -- I mean, why bother over trivialities?  I have a
misprinted Jet or two, but who cares?  She's easy to obtain.  But if they are
going to play hide and seek with these other figures, I expect to get well
printed elements for sure!  Can you imagine tolerating a misprinted C3PO or
Leia (sp? for SW characters is not a strong point of mine)?

The more complicated and finer-lined the features become, the worse the
printing gets.  And if they can't guarantee the printing every time because of
sloppy quality control, then they should make these minifigures more readily
available or be VERY accomodating when people file their claims for better
printed elements.

-- Richard

I never had a screwed up smiley head . . in fact I never had any printing
problems untill this year.  just a couple of heads that were faded on the
sides. It is a screen printing thing. 1 color no prob.  2 colors that don't
touch: rarely a prob (like the female town face) but when you start having
many colors and intricate pattrens the problems become noticable.  I bet the
were the same amount of mis printed heads in the past it just didn't matter
that the head rotated 1 degree during printing ect.  Just my two cents.

John