 Castle / 553
552  |  554
Subject:
architecture and the new castle sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:47:24 GMT

It seems like most people don't like the new half-octagon tower wall
pieces.  Well, I like them, so I guess I'll be buying them from some of
you :)

I also like the new tan(?) lion's head sculpted elements.  They'll be
great for adding some detail to my castle to make it more interesting
visually.  (of course, it means my castle won't be populated by black
falcon minifigs anymore.. they'll have to switch to being bad guys..
either that, or find enough pieces to be able to have two castles at
once. :)

I expect to be buying many copies of 6094 for the new wall pieces and
lion's head pieces, plus the round windows, dark grey pieces, and
extreme slopes.

I expect I'll get a few copies of 6092, too, if they're cheap, since I'd
like to get some of the new wall pieces in dark grey, too.

The big castle (6091) looks really cool.  The stone pattern on the
baseplate isn't great, but it's not too bad.  I'll be happy to get the
dark grey walls and all those new half octagon walls and extreme s
lopes.  The brown plates in the drawbridge will be nice, but why don't
they have a string to raise/lower the drawbridge?  Oh well, I'll have to
add that myself.  Is it just me, or does it look like the castle is
burning down?  Why are all those flames everywhere?

Since I'm mostly interested in buildings, I'm a bit disappointed that
the "bad guys" (the cow people) don't have any.  Maybe next year.  I
might get the 6032 or 4806, but probably the minifigs and siege weapon
found in 6091 will be enough for me until they get some architecture.

I'm pretty happy with the new sets since they look pretty good and
they'll fit pretty well with what I have (mostly 6074-era stuff).  I
just wish they had more buildings.  Maybe in 2001 we can have some
shops, houses, etc.

--
Tim Buchheim