 Castle / 5275 (+20)
  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) Hmm... I'd think that clothing would rot long before the body, OTOH armor would stay much longer. Brick Apple, BTW, is one of the best towns I've seen online. -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) You have a point. A construction-worker vest then. The old 80s kind, to be appropriate! (assuming it is a discovery, my friend thinks it's a burial!) Brick Apple is gorgeous--it's an inspiration. I think it was the mock-borough names over (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

(...) use (...) Matt....have a look at this site: (URL) some Castles had sloping walls at the base of towers to stop such attacks.... also have a look at: (URL) castles just had a ditch all the way round... Well hope this helps you Kev... : ) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

(...) I am working on a river (32x32 blue baseplates) and moat defenses on my current project (no pics yet due to space limitations) dragon teeth are designed to impede mass progress by infantry/cavalry and to hamper large vehicles/seige (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: question..

I've always been able to stick the blade of the sword in between the minifig's wrist and waist with a little effort. Of course his arm has to be almost straight down at his side, so he can't really do anything else with that hand. And he looks a lot (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

What book are you reading? Eric (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

XP to .castle Whoa! Neat... I was just gonna post something about how the Harry Potter books (I've read the first two) were pretty inspiring in terms of story ideas, spells and the like. So does this mean we get a Harry-fig? With a lightning mark on (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes: (too bad, though, that TLC is resorting to using outside sources for ideas... (...) Disney, maybe? (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Do not ask what next cause I'm pretty sure we wont like the answer. On the other hand, the Lord of the Rings Movie is coming out 2 months after Harry Potter. hmmmm. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Oh yeah... that too. :-) I hope they don't license, say, the little mermaid - coz then they'll make it pre-fab; while they could instead create an amazing mermaid/underwater theme without licening <sp?> the movie. Sheesh. -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes: <snip> (...) Hopefully not CastleWorld!!! :-p Jude -- I will be in hiding while Shiri hunts me down... Avenge my death Space Fans!!! (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Speaking of underwater: (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

Wow, what a coincidence, last night, my sister made some custom Harry Potter minifigs from my LEGOs. They're actually pretty cool, I might post pictures later today (if she'll let me :) I haven't actually read the books, but my sister said there's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) a (...) Not to mention what appears to be the hilt of a broken sword by the fallen fellow that neatly corresponds to the blade being studied in the active parts of the castle. John (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

(...) It depends on the amount of time available to the beseigers. Towers and rams were used in direct assaults. More insidious were mines (not particularly visual) that were used to collapse the walls from beneath. (...) use (...) I can't say I've (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) "KILL.... KILL!!!!" <grin> Oh, and don't worry Jude... I won't be hunting you down... I let Scar track ya down. :-P (He has no chance!! ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Assai fuori dal topo (off topic)

Sondaggio: Ma Sergio è sempre molto contento o quando esprime la sua felicità con gli smiley ha un attacco di adrenalina e distrugge il tasto "8" della sua tastiera???? Scherzo Sergio, non prendertela. Ezio PS: comunque grazie sul consiglio della (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Info on 677 Knights Procession

I was wondering, I have about 9 of these red/grey shield guys that are from 677 Knights Procession. ( (URL) ) Are these guys in demand right now, because I'm thinking about selling them, but I don't want to if the market for castle sucks right now. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  R: Assai fuori dal topo (off topic)

Sorry, wrong newsgroup Sunshine from Italy Ezio Ezio Maino <ezio.maino@itlug.org> wrote in message FxJoMp.4HE@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Info on 677 Knights Procession

(...) Prolly, always. The od sets are always in demand. (...) Yeah. You could get quite a lot for those. But if I were you, I wouldn't sell them at all... (you ARE a castle fan, right?... you'll regret selling em if you do.) -Shiri XFUT (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact