 Castle / 506
Re: I feel like a junkie!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:12:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Timm writes:
Knight's Kingdom: Well,the 2x2x3 extreme corner slope in blue just kind of
jumps out and says "HI!"  These look better constructed than FK was, but I'll
have to wait until I've got the models in my hands to compare them against
RK. I DO like the new crest.  The color scheme and barring make the lion look
considerably less cheesy.  I'm lukewarm at best on the stained glass thingie.
I would have been happier if it wasn't on one of the flippy-doors.  I also
have a high cynicism factor which thinks it's not transparant.

Just guessing, but the "Stained Glass" has to be non-transparent.  Too many
small pieces of different colors in one place.  Having them transparent would
drive up the manufacturing costs a bunch, just think of the Quality Control • and
the possible number of defects.  So it will be printed, a guess but very
probabe IMHO.  I definitely like the new crests on the figures.  The new helms
look alright and the return of the vizored "jousting" style helm is welcome
also. The return of the maiden's hat proves the molds still exsist so we may
even get some more in other colors eventually.

Oh, I wasn't thinking it was transparant in those colors - but it *might*, and
probably *should* be a clear piece with printing.  But my cynicism doesn't
think so.

Is that another new cockpit piece on the new RC car?

Don't think so, not for 2000 anyway, that is the same RC car that is currently
out on the market right now.

Ok, I feel dumb, now. :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/