 Castle / 4435 (+10)
  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) Actually, I really like how the (grey) crossbow looks with a (brown) quiver... it has a certain realistic-look to it, methinks. Opinionatedly, DBR (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

"David Eaton" wrote... (...) symetry (...) right (...) There is a reason for the 'randomness' and asymmetry of the castles and fortresses in places where they've been build for war. I made a quick page to illustrate the thing since I'm not familiar (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) The X symbol is venerable and could appear any number of places. I'm in agreement that Knight's Kingdom most closely represents France ("The whole known world" pretty much describes the mediaeval Frankish/French view, IMHO); just as Dark (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) Another reason: lack of timber. Much of the timber was cut down in Europe by medieval times. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) Personal choice. AFAIK, there's no particular historical precident. In fact, most of the archers I know use a hip quiver. I *think* it's a convenience/mobility choice - at the hip is more convenient, but gets in the way. James (URL) getting (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) it (...) Well James, I am not sure if TLG was trying to represent a specific American Indian tribe (I doubt it), but these minifigs don't look like they are wearing traditional Cherokee styles of clothing. For one thing, Cherokee men would (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Reality was Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) I believe that many English longbowmen also used quivers that strapped to their lower leg. This would be fine if the archer was standing still, but obviously he couldn't walk around with it. As far as Lego crossbows and quivers go, I always (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Actually, the katanas are teal. :) "Frost" comes with trans-light blue spears, though. :) Jeff (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Ninja (...) Oh! Thanks, and nuts (sorta)--I was hoping for trans. But teal is good! I can use teal. The trans-spears will be very interesting, however--I can alraedy think of many .castle uses (and .adventurers ones!) for those little fellers. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Yeah, I know. Trans-green would make a decent Lightning Blade... (...) Yup, they're gonna be cool. Arctic Knights, neat spell effects, building decorations... So many possibilities! :) Jeff (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact