 Castle / 4024
  Non-castle Castles

Here's a question: What non-castle themed set (excluding ninjas) was or is the best "parts set" available for castle related buildings, characters, etc. My vote would have to go to Fort Legoredo, for the sheer amount of log walls and bricks, useful (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Well... specific set I don't know, but I'd definitely vote for adventurers as very castle-parts theme. 'Specially the desert subtheme which had supreme quantities of tan bricks. (...) I tend to agree... the Fort is a great set. Too bad I left (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Aye, the Adventurers desert subtheme is great for tan bricks, as well as jewels for the royal treasury. ;) (...) for (...) Didn't notice the 2x2x2, I can't believe I missed it! Finally the common womenfolk of the village don't have to wear (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) For the latter, belville is also great. I occasionally buy some BV and my jewel collection is now vast and diverse... :-) Oh, dang, that reminds me... I promised some jewels a looooong time ago, I should probably send them out... Sorry, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) One of my personal favorites for parts is the SW Sith Infiltrator set. It's got a great variety of grey and dark grey pieces and the Darth Maul fig is widely used in castle MOCs. Also, I like the Adventurers River Expedition for parts. Bill (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Fort Legoredo is good, but I also like "Boulder Cliff Canyon". It has BURPs, those grey diagonal pieces, the boulder pieces, a tree stump, etc. For a small set, I like "Rain Dance Ridge" for the grey pieces, and the blue tile. "Bandit's Secret (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

I noticed that a number of people posted info regarding tan pieces. One set I found to be an excellent source of tan pieces is the Shanghai Surprise Ninja Set. It has 6 2x4 tan bricks and 4 1x6 tan bricks. How many small sets do you know have 6 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)