 Castle / 379
Re: Xena - Princess Warrior theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:20:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:

Actually, I like the new helmet a *lot*.  To me, it shows a return to things
that are based on a little more historical accuracy, which is a damn sight
more
interesting to me than the stuff in Fright Knights and Dragon Masters, etc.
Those big helmets- especially the ones with Bat Wings and the dragon crest-
were horrible. IMHO.  YMMV.

eric

There have been many discussions here about the new female torso that looks
like will be in the Castle 2000.

Reading the above, it suddenly struck me what one of the uses could be for
that voluptuous body.
Combine it with elements from the Fright Knight and Dragon Masters themes and
we could have a good Xena theme. all those bat helmets, etc are ideal for this
sword and scorcery stuff.

What we really need is that female torso in leather of course.

regards
lawrence

hey, lawrence ~

i am a huge xena fan, and will unveil my custom 'figs in this series sometime
next year. someone else had done some a while back. i'll dig around and find
the url...

the xena 'fig is one of the toughest customizing jobs i've ever done, (next to
wonder woman.) but man, she and gabrielle are worth having just for the cool
scenarios to be built around them. i revamped both 'figs last year with star
wars parts. i used a q-g-j hairpiece painted black for xena, and a short blonde
l-s hairpiece for the india-look gabrielle. funny how much a samurai helm from
ninja theme resembles joxur's helmet, too! oh yeah, and there's also a certain
half man/ half god running around. and it's just not a party without calisto!

of course, i enjoy a touch more fantasy than historical accuracy, myself...

wendy, the wolfpack babe should give you a good idea of the effect:

http://community-1webtv.net/anonymouseye/craigolego

later ~ craig