 Castle / 352
Re: Castle returns for 2000!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:

Not sure I care for that helmet, but they both look interesting...

Actually, I like the new helmet a *lot*.  To me, it shows a return to things
that are based on a little more historical accuracy, which is a damn sight
more interesting to me than the stuff in Fright Knights and Dragon Masters,
etc. Those big helmets- especially the ones with Bat Wings and the dragon
crest- were horrible. IMHO.  YMMV.

I have to agree on thew new helmet. I like it muchly. Very cool. I'm not
really sure what period it's from or what armies used things like that, but I
know I've seen things like that before. I've never seen the silly huge Dragon
Masters helmets anywhere except in Lego. I can't stand those helmets... As for
eht Bat Wings helmets, they work ok for *1* token character, but having an
army of bat winged helmet guys just doesn't work for me... But having 1
actually kinda works... I think they did something like that in "Conan the
Barbarian"... one guy had a large bat-winged helmet, while the rest had
regular ones...

Anyway, it looks promising! I can't wait to see what they've got for sets!

Would also have to agree on the helmet.  I really like it.  For an AFOL looking
for an alternate theme this looks very promising as long as the sets look as
good as the figs.

Please please please bring back the generic fig and lots of peasants so we
don't have to get lots of SW figs and convert them to peasantry.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/