 Castle / 351
Re: Castle returns for 2000!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:

Not sure I care for that helmet, but they both look interesting...

Actually, I like the new helmet a *lot*.  To me, it shows a return to things
that are based on a little more historical accuracy, which is a damn sight • more
interesting to me than the stuff in Fright Knights and Dragon Masters, etc.
Those big helmets- especially the ones with Bat Wings and the dragon crest-
were horrible. IMHO.  YMMV.

I have to agree on thew new helmet. I like it muchly. Very cool. I'm not
really sure what period it's from or what armies used things like that, but I
know I've seen things like that before. I've never seen the silly huge Dragon
Masters helmets anywhere except in Lego. I can't stand those helmets... As for
eht Bat Wings helmets, they work ok for *1* token character, but having an army
of bat winged helmet guys just doesn't work for me... But having 1 actually
kinda works... I think they did something like that in "Conan the Barbarian"...
one guy had a large bat-winged helmet, while the rest had regular ones...

Anyway, it looks promising! I can't wait to see what they've got for sets!

DaveE