 Castle / 3499
Re: Best way to start.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:19:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Roy writes:

I'm just coming out of my dark age so I was wondering if I could get a bit
of advice from those of you who have also experienced a dark age. What's the
best way to get back into castle? Buy the new sets despite juniorization or • buy
parts and old sets online?

Chris

It really kind of depends on what you want to do: make one humongous castle, a
whole village, various factions bases, have massive armies, whatever.

Having gone through this with the pirates line just as it expired and now with
castles, my general advice is buy whatever is on sale now.  Fright Knights
isn't exactly anyone's favorite, but hey, if you move quickly before it's all
gone, they can be had fairly cheap.  The Night Lord's Castle isn't a great
design, but it doesn't have a CRAPP, and can be used for bulk parts if you
don't like the original design.  And once the supply has dried up, the price
WILL rise on it.

If you only want a small amount of stuff, then perhaps you are better off
simply snagging well-designed older sets.

I'd hold off on the Knight's Kingdom until you can find it at a good sale.

Again, my general rule of thumb, buy what's on heavy discount while you can.

Bruce