 Castle / 2853
Re: FOTW: Classic Castle Figs and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:53:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tim Coats writes:
Yesterday I got the following for $9.99 at thrift store. [snip]

6 Horses (3 with saddles, 3 with older style caprisons), 3 16x16 green
baseplates, 1 16x32 green baseplate, 3 large green plates, 6 black
castle wall sections, 6 black castle corner walls, 4 gray castle wall
sections, 2 pine trees, 1 flower set, 111 white bricks, 106 red bricks,
256 yellow bricks, 140 blue bricks, 22 red slopes, 20 red plates, 12
carriage wheels w/ plates, 16 gray bricks, 14 black plates, 48 black
bricks, 11 misc. gray, 22 misc. black, 70 other misc. (doors, windows,
green slopes…) , 1 red Lego case  and the best part

31 castle figures (most with all armor and weapons):
[snip]
Pretty great deal I thought.

$9.99 for ALL of that stuff? That's not a thrift shop, that's a theft shop! • Why
don't we have these deals out in New England?! What with the Target deals and
stuff like this, I should just move out west! The further from Enfield you • get,
the cheaper!

DaveE

Here's a trick for those of you who want to get pieces fast.  I'm 14 and many
of my friends think that they are to old for lego (not me).  Some of them have
pretty large collections, and you can often ask for pieces.  They've been
giving pieces and baseplates for free!  I've gotten several of the form
baseplates (6195,6959,6190, plus one other from a pirate set).  I'm also
getting several ship hulls, masts, and sails.  I also may be able to get 20+
castle mini-figs!

Rob (the newbie)