 Castle / 2415
Re: Centaurs, Satires, Minotaur and the like...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:01:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi,

Anyone ever try to make one of these - Centaur, Stire, Minotaur, Sphinx, or
other half-man, half-creature type of thing?

Other than Tim Coats, I haven't seen any of these mythical creatures.

My first thought, after "Hmm, Centaur..." was, 'Oh, no problem! Just stick a
torso in the horse's saddle place!'
Only when I tried, did I realize that centaurs don't have a horse's head as
well ;-)
Now, I might be jump-starting my customization career, but cutting a horse up
is a bit too much for me...

Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head (for a centaur), a Yellow-Castle-era horse with a
minifig head and chest. He should probably also have a bow and quiver. Maybe
put the quiver on his back so you can put Qui-Gon Jinn's hair on his head for a
mane.

For a minotaur, you'd probably want to put a bovine head on a minifig body.
Horns are a must! You might have to use a 1x2 brick or some such instead of a
normal torso if the neck is too long... which makes the arms tricky.