 Castle / 2215 (+20)
  Re: Glow in the dark stuff?

(...) Two of the new ThrowBot sets have glow-in-the-dark 'discs': #8522 "Spark", and #8521 "Flare"... JohnG, GMLTC (lose the '.nospam' to reply...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchet (was: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold)

(...) Hm. The trebuchets in the Nova special did not have crossbars, but in any event I might be trying to do something a little too tricky for now. The catapult bucket is a really good idea, and I did try to use the bucket-and-arm from the Catapult (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle page is finally up!

(...) pictures there: Sorry for the long list of pics, and no html. I'm a lazy bum and don't want to code any right now. I should have something up within the next few days (if I'm lucky) :) (URL) know I'm really lazy. When I started this, I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle page is finally up!

(...) The simple solution to that is to create a folder on your hard drive called c:\windows.... :) Just forget the whole thing entirely. See my images post for all of the images except the following: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size (Castle World)

(...) 1) In your realm, inside your fortress, castle, or other military place, your army is as reasonably big (key word) as you want it to be. Be logical. In an e-mail exhange with Dan Siskind, he informed me that his Bloodstone Castle has an army (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Idea For A Wizard...

(...) I wouldn't hold my breath, knowing TLG. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] Two new creatures ...

Tim Coats sent me two creatures that he designed (which I think will set a precedent for creatures). They are very well thought out and described. Check them out (there is a link in today's update at the main site): (URL) pn (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size (Castle World)

(...) Logical is good. Another option is to have "real" armies be better than "virtual" armies... I'm also thinking a little bit "period" here as well, where a huge army was anything more than a couple hundred men... How about having people's (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Map

My prototype is going well. I can't figure out how to get POVRay to save the picture, or I might have a sample already. The hardest part was assembling the palm tree. Anyway, I am making a library of map pieces, and another higher level one of map (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size (Castle World)

(...) your (...) an (...) has (...) reach some 3500 men in one army. My castle which is to scale is 8x8 feet or so and has a garrison of 550 men. More than enough to handle any siege, as for dans castle, he too made it to scale pretty much, so there (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size (Castle World)

(...) My plans exactly. Right now I barely have 12-15 soldiers' torsos, so I'm going to use same torsos but different legs, arms, helmets, faces and weapons. Unless somebody has a problem with that. (You wanna piece'o'me? ;-) From what we talked (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Two new creatures ...

(...) Check (...) I like them, Tim! Are you gonna make stories around the Fungoi, maybe scenes of where they live? I'd like to see that! Any more creatures coming soon? -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  9376 - is it worth it?

Hi, I was repondering buying the dacta 9376 castle set - it has lots of castle walls and weapons, plus the royal knights that are no longer available (of course, the FK are there too - but who cares? ;-). Plus it has lots of wheels that I want. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold

(...) wiping drool from the keyboard, WOW Eric! That's a DANDY!!! I can't wait to see more pics! I love the curved tower! You're creations are always worth waiting to see! everything you've built has been very well done! (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 9376 - is it worth it?

(...) have made. This was of course because I have a fairly large castle collection (75+ sets). Anyway it is a very good set for getting extra special pieces but it contains very few regular bricks. Still I say its a very good deal. Hope this helps. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 9376 - is it worth it?

(...) Yeah I've got that set too, and it does have many useful parts. Even two (or three?) of those large red "cone-shaped" pieces that might come in handy for a tower. I guess this set would be good for adding to your existing castle parts. On its (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer?

(...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer?

Hm, Anyone know about Availablility of 4811 at other places, for those such as I that are on the West Coast and Mail order is a hassle (Nice, but preferably avoided at times). Does The Construction Site have a special deal to have gotten them early, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer?

(...) I dunno if they have a special deal, because I've seen the 4811s at other places here in MA as well...(Ames maybe?) I think that a lot of big chain stores don't order the polybag stuff right away, and soem don't order them at all. (...) Well, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 9376 - is it worth it?

(...) There's a review at my website! (plug plug) Short version is, it's pretty good for the money, even better if you can snag it at a sale price. It doesn't build a whole lot by itself and some of the pieces are real puzzlers but if you already (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact