 Castle / 21560 (-20)
  Re: Microscale Minas Tirith

(...) Wow, impressive and beautifully detailed. Fantastic Micro work Bruce. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 18-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Microscale Minas Tirith

(...) Wow, that's very very good. I like the way you've captured the tree by the Tower. (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Bastion of Garda Tur

Very nice and imposing (the way castle creations should be : ) I like the scenery around the base the best, and also the glimpse of your green lad in action ; ) Not sure about the size of the tower as compared to its gaelic name but bigger is better (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Microscale Minas Tirith

(...) I couldn't agree more! Good work Bruce! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Spiral Stairs

(...) Now that I like! Great work! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Microscale Minas Tirith

Very impressive! And the model captures the city very well (which is of course very subjective). Luckily I have read the books before I saw the films and your version hits my idea of Minas Tirith much more. Andreas (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Microscale Minas Tirith

Simply beautiful! (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Microscale Minas Tirith

Hi all, Here is a microscale project I've been working on for a while. Is something truly microscale if it covers six baseplates and is 40 bricks high? Anyway, here is my rendition of (URL) Tirth> (URL) I tried to make an effort to match this to my (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Spiral Stairs

(...) Hi, Your solution is close to mine, except that for me the step height is 2 plates. I always build my stairs (even the straight ones) with a 2 plates step height except if it's a stair in a square in front of a church for example (in that case (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Spiral Stairs

Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing your insights! It's a lot of fun fiddling around and coming up with some really constructive ideas! Here is what I've made a while ago: (URL) really nice to see what solutions are found to raise the minifigs to a next (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Spiral Stairs

(...) Very clever with the different wedge plates. Here's a solution I came up with a few years ago that uses a 2 plate riser...of course that's easily accomplished with many plate/tile combinations, but at least it's not as steep as a full brick. (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Spiral Stairs

I was trying to figure out how to do brick-built spiral stairs besides the Lego Harry Potter or Pirate or Belville specialized pieces because I wanted a (1) plate high riser/step height, & I came across this Brickshelf folder by MuffinToa: (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The Bastion of Garda Tur

Hey All, This was my main MOC for Brickfest. Gallery: (URL) you like it, comment and criticisms are always welcome. Josh (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Castle Layout at BrickWorld 2007

Greetings everyone! The upcoming inaugural (URL) BrickWorld> will have a collaborative Castle display using the great building standards that the AFOL community has created throughout the years, plus one new building standard. Many Castle builders (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Once upon a time...

(...) Stunning and very clever designs. I just love the drapes, the violins and all the many thoughtful details. It has a very clean look. I think I have the hots for the young lady in the red gown. She keeps looking back at me too! Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Once upon a time...

(...) Barbara, I'm very impressed with all of the details you have added. My 6 year old daughter has several Playmobil sets (in addition to many LEGO sets) and I can't wait to show her the pictures of your creation. Thanks for sharing, Eric (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Once upon a time...

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Barbara, Just wonderful. It is all so stunningly executed (the thin windows in the castle and the minifigs spring to mind) and such a neat concept. I love the direction some people are taking with LEGO of making it a toy (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Studs Up Studs Down

Always had to choose between studs up or studs down in building a roof structure. Studs down mostly if interior shots were to be taken and studs up if exterior shots were more important. Finally managed to get the best of both, Studs Up Studs Down (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Royal Coach of the House of Windsor

(...) Very nice. Love the way it sits on the chassis. The round 1x1 plates give a 'spring' look to it. Also, the small touch of dark red on the side of the coach and the harnesses on the horses adds a rich flavor. (...) I think you did pretty well (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Royal Coach of the House of Windsor

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, My attempt at the Royal Coach of the House of Windsor (and a young Queen Elizabeth II). Tim PS. I'm never sure where to post these slightly historical MOCs. This one is still around and used today but given Queen (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact