 Castle / 21205 (-20)
  Re: Automated Castle

(...) This is awesome! I need to build more automated MOCs. Thanks for the video clip... When I saw those Black Falcon guards moving, I thought how that movement would look good in a MOC of a cuckoo clock! :) "Big Daddy" Nelson (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  4 New MOCs

Hello! After many months of a busy schedule full of school projects and homework, I have finally found time to post a few of my recent creations. The first MOC is a diorama of NYC, followed by a Civil War gunboat, followed by a patrol boat, followed (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.military) !

  Re: Automated Castle

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but video is often worth more than a thousand slack-jawed fanboys drooling without regard for social decorum. Keep 'em coming! Dave S. "Roy Nelson" <legoroy@telus.net> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) (URL) Dave! I posted pictures of the automated castle over a year ago but did not do an annoucement because I did not have a decent video. Recently I got a new computer and figured out the video editing software. The video of the automated (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Review of set 7018, Viking Ship Challenges the Midgard Serpent

[LEGOSet 7018] 7018 (Castle) System / Viking Viking Ship Challenges the Midgard Serpent Le bateau des Vikings contre le monster des mers El Barco Vikingo reta a la Serpiente Midgard Ages 7-14, 585 Pcs. (C)2005. 53 page manual: 1 model (1 Viking (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Larry, The attacking soldier has a axle in its leg that is a attached to a motor in the tower that causes him to spin. The soldier being attacked is attached to the tower with an elastic. When it is hit it can move back but then is (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Geoffrey, I have posted pictures of the various mechanisms: (URL) following is a verbal discription of the mechanisms. Be warned that some cutting, glueing and taping is used: Marching Soldiers: Two marching soldiers are dragged (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Siege of Martindale Castle

(...) That is awesome. I have always prefered to equip my undead but you have enough of a horde that it doesn't matter. I love the battering ram and ladders. It's just so cool. -Mike Petrucelli (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Automated Castle

WOW Roy! That's just superb! HUZZAH! I raise my goblet of mead to you and toast your fiendishly clever creativity! Excellent job with the video as well, those dissolves are very nice! Saved to my hard drive so I can show my friends! Dave S. "Roy (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Automated Castle

Very awesome Roy!!! I am very impressed. I especially like the fighting soldiers. - John "Roy Nelson" <legoroy@telus.net> wrote in message news:IsCoIw.16t1@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Ok, THAT'S cool. How did you get the two towertop fighting figs to move sideways without falling off whatever they are attached to? (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

Some intriguing ideas there, I kept .technic in as I believe the operational mechanisms would have sufficent merit for discussion there. Would you care to share construction details with some of the designs - they look simple but I think there's (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Automated Castle

Tired of lazy guards that just stand around all day? Bored of ghosts that offer no surprises? Want the portculis to open for you? Want to see one minifig whack another? Introducing the Automated Castle: (URL) with a video clip. Roy Nelson (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic) !!

  Review of set 7017, Viking Catapult versus the Nidhogg Dragon

[LEGOSet 7017] 7017 (Castle) System / Vikings Viking Catapult versus the Nidhogg Dragon La catapulte des Vikings contre le dragon Nidhogg La Catapulta Vikinga contra el Dragon Nidhogg Ages 7-14. 225 Pcs. (C)2005. 35 page manual: 1 model (1 ballista, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Red Roof Inn

Amado , Thanks for the update on the ox! I think I'm going to have a lot of fun building some. I did build the prancing pony, and when I did it (based on Tolkien's description) I fell in love with the horseshoe idea. I've only fiddled around with it (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The Siege of Martindale Castle

Undead Rampaging Army. Need I say anything else? (URL) Adrian (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Rieview of set 7015, Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf

[LEGOSet 7015] 7015 (Castle) System / Vikings Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf Le guerrier Viking défie le loup Fenrir El Guerrero Vikingo reta al Lobo Fenris Ages 7-14, 76 Pcs. (C)2005. 12 page manual: 1 model (1 Minifig, 1 Shield stand, 1 (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Red Roof Inn

(...) Jon, The windows were the result of (URL) some designs> that I've tried before this work was developed. And as for the roof, similar construction technique was already used in a (URL) previous work>. Didn't you do the Prancing Pony as a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Red Roof Inn

Amado, I really like the windows, and the ability to remove the roof. I've always been a fan of horseshoe shaped inn's myself. Jon Furman lugnet #1123 Ps, the ox in the back is cool, I'd love to build one, is there another picture of it. (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Red Roof Inn

(URL) An entry for the Medieval Life category.> (URL) AC (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact