 Castle / 21100 (-20)
  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) Robin, I can certainly see why this was a prize winner, the originality and level of detail are great. I love the cog, that's an amazing ship for brick (non pirate hull) construction. I love the odd shape of the castle, it's not just a square (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Thor and the Midgard Serpent

Another Viking myth immortalized in brick: (URL) The whole Viking gallery: (URL) Here's a link to the story as posted on eurobricks: (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) [McSnip] (...) [Snipinski] (...) Holy. Moo. Muffins. That is freakin' cool! Drachenschlaf is like a text book on how to make minifig-scale LEGO castles - I'm going to be referring to this for a long time to come. Thanks for all the hard work, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

As if you guys didn't need more proof of how awesome this castle is, I saw it at NWBrickCon. This thing is awesome, tons of details and the terrain around it is amzing. And even better were the space pirates. what's cooler than a castle with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

Absolutely fantastic Robin. I love all the finishing touches that you have added since the PNE and Science World. Congrats on all the awards, I know I voted for it. Nathan Proudlove (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

Hi all, I present Castle Drachenschlaf, the Castle of the Sleeping Dragon. (URL) Click the link below, or the image above for the Brickshelf gallery. (URL) There is a story behind this castle, which involves a terrible dragon, a wizard, a magic ax, (...) (19 years ago, 12-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Micro-Scale MOC: Drachenburg Castle

Presenting my first Micro-scale MOC... (URL) (Click for images) Drachenburg is a castle on a hill that overlooks a small town. Dragons sometime visit the area, hence the name - and one has just arrived in the town to check things out. There is a (...) (19 years ago, 12-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

I will separate it into two true 8x8 bases, one for Ymir, one for Odin. Fair? Buri was the first man. His son Bor married Bolthor's daughter of the frost giants. She was called Bestla and her three sons were Odin, Vili, and Ve. After slaying Ymir, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

I looked at your vignette and got started! Since I didn't read straight through my handy manual of Norse Myths, I have to use the index. Ah, here it is: Odin, eye lost by: page 15. In the Yeti's ears you can put Viking horns, or flames. Lego thinks (...) (19 years ago, 9-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  A KK2 knight hiding with the vikings?

Looking closely at the scene on the inside of the flap of 7018 Viking ship vs. something forgetable... I noticed a Vladek Clone Knight, from Vladek's castle, holding a double bladed axe with a bley handle, any relation to next year's KK2? This (...) (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

(...) Don't worry about making it a true vignette, you could always make a larger scene or building including beautiful details and call it a... what did we used to call those?... Oh, yes; a MOC! ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (...) (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

Nice work. A little graphic but all round very creative... the use of the yeti is brilliant! My only Q, why does Odin always get the headline? What about his brothers? Do they have names? God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

(...) Ah! Another Viking Vignette. Wonderful. I especially like the use of the Yeti as the frost giant. Great idea. Only two minor complaints/issues/suggestions. Fit it on an 8x8 base, so its a true vignette. And two... your Odin has two eyes ;) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Odin slays Ymir the frost giant

Odin and his brothers slay Ymir and the frost giants. From Ymir's wounds come rivers of blood, drowning and nourishing all things. Odin and his brothers escape the torrent in a ship... (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Micro Castle

(...) I'd want one! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Micro Castle

(...) Hi Tim, You caught me :) This was a bit of intentional photoshopping. I am not sure if I did the outlines perfectly. It amazes me how just a tiny line increased the visual separation of black parts. I may have to use this technic in the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Old Castle Picture from (some catalog?)

(...) Thanks for posting this up Ben, I wish I had more of the old Bricks magazines (I have the tattered remains of one..). Hopefully more will appear on the net. God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Micro Castle

A nice collection of MOCs, I won't comment on which is best... ; ) Seriously; I like the drawbridge chains, a nice use of a 'town' part. One of these days I'll have to try a micro castle... Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan Visit my (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Micro Castle

(...) Cool moc, one question about the photo above, The black drawbridge cables seem to have a fine white fringe around them (especially the near one) that really helps distinguish them from the black drawbridge itself. Was this done as a post (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Micro Castle

(...) I really like it! So few parts, and still a complete model. (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact