 Castle / 21055
Re: A question for anyone who owns 6077-1 "Knight's Procession"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:20:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Damien Nesbit wrote:
     I've been using Lugnet and Peeron to go through all of my unsorted,
original collection in an attempt to discern what sets I once had, but no
longer have instructions for.  I must admit that I'm a little bit stumped by
this set. In the photographs on the packaging, the two axemen have black
helmets. However, the instructions, and the Peeron inventory show dark gray
helmets for these guys.  Does anybody still have this set intact?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Shows what looks to be dark gray:
http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1981/medium/7/?id=99
http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1982/medium/7/
http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1980/medium/16/?id=35

Shows black helmets:
http://img.lugnet.com/display.cgi?set/new/upload/6077-1-966220691.jpg

Shows slightly darker-than-gray helmets:
http://media.peeron.com/scans/6077-1/3/
http://media.peeron.com/scans/6077-1/4/

Shows very dark helmets, but probably dark grey, since it looks like the scan
itself is very dark (the arms and legs look dark grey in the pic, which is
wrong)
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/castle/set/677-1.html

All the inventories online (Peeron, Lugnet, BrickLink) seem to give the same
information, however I suspect that it's all based off of the original inventory
done by Margo Kubiak from roughly 1998.

It is entirely possible that there were multiple versions of the set-- some with
dark gray, some with black. But it looks like everywhere except the
instructions, it shows dark grey. Anyone know what the box shows?

DaveE

At first I thought that you might have (Canada only) castle minifig set #6002
(shows up as #6001 in 1981 Canadian catalog).  But those helmets are gray also.

Catalogs and box tops do not match what's inside?  This is of no surprise!
During the last 55 years the number of sets (castle, train, town... etc) that
don't exactly match up with the box or catalog.... numbers into the dozens.

Here's a couple of example of sets:

#725 Town Plan (1961-65) trees and garage door don't match what's on the box
top.

#810 British/Australian Town Plan (1963-66) sloped bricks are red on the box
top, but blue inside the box.

#152 & #153 Train cars (all countries, 1966-68).  The box tops show a white 6x16
& 6x24 plate, inside there is always a gray one.

1969-72 Train sets/catalogs/idea books.... almost all pictured trains show red
spoked wheels with 12 spokes.... but inside the box all train sets had red
spoked wheels with 10 spokes.  12 spoke spoked wheels are unknown in private
collections!

Gary Istok