 Castle / 21026
Re: Cart and BrickQuest figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:40:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brett Kingery wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   First off is a cart I made for my DnD characters. I play DnD on the weekends with friends from work. We use the figs to help in battle situations.

http://www.neutronbot.com/lenny/?m=medievalcart1

Nice cart! Once our party gets around to buying one, maybe we’ll build one too. Of course, there’s 9 of us in our party! We’ve been using Lego mini-figs for our .5 ed D&D as well. I wonder how many other people do this? I’ve seen it once before online, so this makes 3 groups I know of. I’d post pics, but our party is mostly generic figures right now, but I think as the game goes on, they’ll get modified more and more!

Funny story: the day that I finished making the figs, which involved the customization of my fig (Tehn) we were fighting an ogre. The ogre rolled a critical hit (natural 20), which got him a x3 to the damage. The damage roll was also the highest, a 12, for a total of 36 damage. Tehn was a level 1 monk at that time! Needless to say, my party-mates had to carry the little bits of me to be reincarnated at the local druid’s. After I spent so much time making my fig, he went and got killed!!

Luckily for me, he was reincarnated at a human of roughly the same look - so I kept using the fig anyway.

There are a bunch of people who use “DnD” in their BrickShelf gallery description. I’d guess that many people use it.

   Question, do you use Lego for other stuff in the campaign? The mini-figs are just a tad large for the 1” scale of most maps, but they still fit, barely.

We actually use LEGO for just about everything. Most of the campaigning is done verbally - but for fights I’ll make a rough mock-up of the room and use generic figs for the baddies. Sometimes I’ll build the room at scale of 2 studs = 5 feet, but sometimes (especially for larger rooms) I’ll just build something relative. We’ll use the LEGO to keep track of who’s far away, who’s running, etc.

-Lenny