 Castle / 21011
Re: spiral staircase studies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:40:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk>
To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: spiral staircase studies

In lugnet.build, Daan Bargerbos wrote:
Here are some ideas for spiral staircases.
Some are borrowed from others, but I haven't noted
where I found them :-( (let me know if I can credit you).

Deeplinks:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/staircase/001staircase_brown.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/staircase/010staircase_redwhite.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/staircase/100staircasegrey001.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/staircase/100staircasegrey002.jpg

BROWN
The brown is my favourite: it's sturdy, looks fine
and was fun to build.
It's combined from multiples Bracket 2 x 2 - 2 x 2 (3956)
on a 2x4 plate. The swivling point is just a round 1x1 plate.
Studs are covered as much as possible with tiles.
The plate 1x10 on the outside are mainly there for making
the whole as firm as possible.
The dark gray Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud (3794)
will eventually be replaced my brown ones,
so that the staircase will be completely brown.

GRAY
This one was also fun to build. I used almost all my
Light Gray Plate, Round Corner 3 x 3 (30357) combined with
different shades of gray plates.
It definitely will find a place in one of my castle mocs.

Folder after moderation:

Please let me know what you think.

Daan Bargerbos

Here's another spiral staircase scheme for you:

It's intended for outside a stately home, though I had plans to use it in
railway station.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have seen it and was amazed! I think it's wonderfull
and maybe I will try to build it one time.
Thanks for pointing it out to me and now knowing who has build it.

Daan