 Castle / 20755 (-20)
  Re: Château de Vignette

<snippage> (...) Sorry to reply to my own posting, but... I have decided to highlight it as the current project of the moment, as it was too good to pass up. Thanks, Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Jasper the troll

Hello there, Firstly I must say that although this is not one of the most hi-tech looking creations out there (which I love), it is certainly one of the most characterful that I've ever seen! I simply love the head/face on this guy, truly Troll like (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Jasper the troll

Dude, this is great work! It looks a little clunkier than i'd really like to see it, but I'm no mech or jumbo-fig modeling expert myself, so I offer that as truly constructive criticism (pun not necessarily intended, but certainly amusing as I (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Jasper the troll

Sorry about replying to my own post, but I thought people might like to know that Jasper's (URL) MOCPage> is up. Also, thanks to the very nice people who spotlighted Jasper! -Matt W. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Jasper the troll

G'day, I'd like you to meet a friend of mine. This is Jasper, the troll. (URL) Jasper is my first castle MOC, based loosely upon the trolls from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. (The Discworld trolls were what I originally had in mind, but Jasper (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  From one Scale to the next (was Re: Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS)

Hey y'all, while discussing the idea of playsets/dioramas that transcend scales, i.e. are appropriate as "different" settings from m-fig, thru b-fig, and potentially up to galidor/knights kingdom II figs ("g-fig"?, "k-fig"?, what about "j-fig" for (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Painting

(...) I love it. Chris, this is fantastic. Whoever said LEGO was not art. ;-) You captured the essence of that night and wizard so well. It would really something to see a series of scenes like this. I'd buy em (er, one since that's all i could (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

(...) Thanks! Yeah, I came up with that cross design a few months ago as part of a yet-unfinished Adventurers MOC. But, when I was working on these vigs, I decided to put it in - it was too good to be just lying around. The floating ghost idea came (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

Nelson, I really enjoyed these. I was particularly impressed by the construction of the cross in (URL) photo>. Is that an original design idea? Kudos. Also love the phantom's "floating in air" effect by planting the stud on his head into the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Lego Painting

Hey all, As part of my Painting II class last term, I did "Of Magic and Metal", a 24"x24" lego themed painting, complete with lego frame. (7 URLs) Folder: (URL) All comments, criticisms, etc are most welcomed. I personally don't much care for (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Classic castle layout a big party hit

My daughter's 8th birthday party was this weekend, so we put in some extra hours to get our collection of classic castle sets laid out nicely. It turned out to be a big hit with all six 7-9 yr old girls: (URL) More playing action: (URL) brickshelf> (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 5 new vignettes

(...) Wow, I really liked the boxing one. Great use of colors and posing there. And the town one made me laugh. Great job, now go forth and make ye more! -mark (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports, FTX)

  Re: 5 new vignettes

Hello! (...) Add "great" to it. You've got a cool sense of humour! Bye Jojo (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

Hello! That's a cool idea! And well executed as well. The set has a ...well... set-like look on it, and I like that. The single vignettes are very funny, too. Bye Jojo (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 5 new vignettes

Hey Nelson, More great vignettes! The boxing ring is my favorite, with the clever take on the ropes and the way the faces and poses perfectly match the action. My other favorite is the crossing man (looks like that Podbrix guy). How many times did (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

(...) WOW!!!! How cool, I like the idea a lot. It looks great the way it all connected and the final model of the castle itself look great as is. Yaron "EyE RoD" Dori (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A spiral staircase

"Daan Bargerbos" <daan62@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:001001c51bce$09...erkamer... (...) (URL) > (URL) (...) (URL) > (URL) (...) (URL) > (URL) (...) Ah! Staircase, plates, wingplates! That gave me an idea! At last I can find a use for all my (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Château de Vignette

Am I the only one who sees the amazing potential this idea has? Like builders with limited parts will be able to take part in moonbase-type setups...... I just love this concept :-). I think this model just screams 'Vignettes are here to stay'. I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

(...) That's awesome. I've been playing around with a few ideas like this too.. This made me laugh. Great job!! -mark (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Château de Vignette

(...) Nice work Nelson. I love how modular the castle is. I love how the detail is spread out between the different vignettes but also combined to make a really smart looking castle as well, that must have taken a fair bit of planning. Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact