 Castle / 20564
20563  |  20565
Subject:
Knight's Kingdom Large Figures - Different Set Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:54:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings!

I just got to looking up some set numbers that I had and I have made an
interesting discovery. I have some set numbers that are not in the directory. I
have checked and double-checked the numbers on the sets because I thought I was
in error, but these are the numbers I have:

8786 - Vladek
8785 - Santis
8784 - Rascus
8783 - Jayko
8782 - Danju

They seem to be identical, or almost identical, to sets 8774-8770. As I was
writing this message, I decided to look up the set numbers on LEGO.com and so, I
think, answered my initial question. 8786-8782 appear to be US and 8774-8770
seem to be elsewhere. At least, I get a message saying "Sorry, item is not
available in this country." when I look up 8774. There could be another
explanation for this, however. Also, the story text at the bottom is different.
I just compared the Vladeks, at this point in time. Some other enterprising soul
may want to check the others, or I will do it at some point in time when I'm
less tired.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8774
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8786

So, here's a few questions:

Do 8774-8770 heve the game cards? The story text for 8774 vs. 8786 seems to
imply that they don't.

How does one go about getting a set in the set database here on LUGNET? Maybe I
didn't look hard enough, but I didn't seem to see anything resembling a "Submit
set" link.

Did something just slip through a crack? Are the other sets in progress,
perhaps? Looking at the database, I see that there are two different set numbers
in the database for King Mathias that follow the same pattern. 8809 (US) and
8790 (non-US)

Is it actually a country thing, or something else?

Has anybody else run across this?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. And if there was already a
thread about this somewhere, I apologize for the duplication. I did do a couple
of searches to see if anything similar, but I may have missed something.

I'm tired, so I may come up with a few more questions, but this is it for now.
Thanks for any help you are able to give.

-Vince