 Castle / 20560
Re: 2005 Castle sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Langrish wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote:
   Brickset has pictures of next year’s Knights’ Kingdom sets. (The minifig sets, not the big guys.)

Indeed, I was checking these out earlier. I’m...well, I wouldn’t say happy, but I’m not disappointed either.

   The scorpion guys are getting their own castle!

Yes! In my opinion, the Shadow Knight figures are the best thing to happen to Castle in a while: I’m very glad to see there’s an abundance of them in these sets!

   A black castle after how many years? It’s very cool.. definitely old school. I wonder if it can connect to classic castle sets. (if not, it could easily be modified to do so)

Lots of black castle walls (the good old 1x5 ones), red window bars (for arched windows) and other goodies

While I dislike those wall pieces, and never use them, I am glad to see them. At least they looked okay and were usable - Unlike those rounded tower-things of late. Another step in the right direction.

More importantly, the return of triangular shields! While the newly shaped ones were cool, having more variety is even cooler! Even cooler, try checking out the shield in Vladek’s hand in both 8876 and 8877. I just was examining the pictures closed and realized: It looks like it’s an oval shield!

   The other sets include lots of various siege weapons, but it’s the big set which has me excited.

I’m skeptical about these two new ones. I prefer the look of 8800 to either of these new ones. That said, I don’t own 8800 either, so I can’t properly judge them.

While I’m not “happy” with these new sets, they definitely are a step in the right direction.

-John “J1A3L5” Langrish.

Hey, I like the Shadow Knights too, mostly because of their cool helms. One thing I don’t like about these sets is the new buzz-saw style siege weapon in the black castle. i also appreciate the return of old style shields, though I had no qualms against the square shields in the first place.I like the fact that good guys get a siege engine because in the Middle Ages there was no recognizable good or bad.

Later,

Joshua Brunstad