 Castle / 20356
Re: 3 Vignettes and some 'figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 07:14:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Blocksidge wrote: snip
   (An oubliette is a very small prison chamber with a small door at the top. Prisoners were put inside these, and were often forgotten, as is illustrated in mine)
end snip

Quite good for such small models, you guys are getting quite clever at creating these aren’t you.

As an aside from the compliments, I knew that an oubliette was a prison with an entrance in the ceiling, but I was under the impression that there was no specific size involved, one web site even says that it could also be a tower, which doesn’t quite fit with the idea of a dungeon with entrance in the roof!!

Also, I have vague recollections of once seeing it described as “a bottle shaped dungeon”, but I can’t find anything now saying that.

Anyway, once again, good models.

Ken