 Castle / 20079
    Re: Sheik's Oasis —Magnus Lauglo
   Jon, (...) That seems to make sense. Thanks for the historical info also. What period would this be from? Before, during or after the Crusades? Can you elaborate on what you said about the gates, are the gates on one side of the oasis for entering, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Sheik's Oasis —Jon Furman
   (...) Magnus, I'd put the time period as pre crusade, post Islamic conquest, pre Islamic Schism, although a lot of the architecture is most likely mid crusade (warfare has a nasty habit of pushing technology forward). There are two Gates and two (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Sheik's Oasis —Magnus Lauglo
   Jon, (...) Well the "race" issue rarely comes up for castle theme builders, but I suppose if you are dealing with Middle Eastern castles, theme of crusades, slavery and the like make for a far more ethnically diverse minifig demographic than a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)